Contents tagged with Templating
Technologies and methods for designing and developing web pages have come a long way and with a plethora of tools available at one's disposal, getting a minimal website is not a rocket science anymore. As web developers, we often face a dilemma to go for a static site using plain HTML or to go for a dynamic one with some server-side programming stack. Both of the approaches has got advantages as well as disadvantages.
If we go for a static one, the advantages are
- Time needed for development is less.
- Easy to create and less expertise is needed
- Site will be super fast
- Hard to maintain
- Lot of repetitive work
- Hard to scale
And for the dynamic approach, advantages are
- Easy to maintain
- Repetitive work can be avoided
- Scaling is easy and more features can be easily integrated
- Dedicated personal is needed
- Cost factor increases